Followers

Sunday 22 March 2020

Happy Mother's Day


Good Morning Everyone.

Yeah I'm back after 6 weeks without internet after a lightening strike, a long 6 weeks too.

So lets kick start with the card i made for my mum for Mothering Sunday, I went with daffodils as they are one of her fav flowers and made an acetate card blank for a change.



Card size approx 5x6", i first die cut my frame from white card and then worked out what size cardblank i wanted, so cut, scored and folded a piece of acetate to size.  I attached the frame with 2mm foam tape. 
I die cut the daffodils 3 times from white card and coloured with alcohol markers, the first one i kept whole, the second one i cut out the flower heads and the 3rd one i cut the flower centres, after colouring them i used glue gel & decoupaged them to build up dimension. Adding a little green glitter glue for the stamens and a little bling. Then attached them to the card front to look as if they are growing out of the frame.

After going through my vast patterned paper stash for my insert i decided on this lovely vibrant blue to give the feeling of a spring sky to set my daffodils off.  It has a lovely subtle floral pattern.

Computer printed sentiment die cut into an oval to finish.


A close up of my daffs, its not often i colour in with alcohol markers but wanted a really bright cheerful colour.


Showing it side on for the dimension, i added the inner piece that cut out from my white frame to the inside to write my message on.  To hide any glue from showing through my acetate I ensured it was hidden behind attachments, so putting the patterned paper inside hides the glue from the front and i added the glue for the insert behind my frame. Hope that makes sense, got to get back into this typing up mode😀

Items Used:
Daffodil die
Rectangle frame die
Stitched oval die
B&M 12x12 patterned paper 'truly refreshing'
Hunkydory acetate
Lime stickles glitter glue
Alcohol markers
CraftsUK Ltd smooth white card

Thank you for all stopping by, i have lots of new projects to share with you as the bonus to no internet was more crafting time.  Although my mojo needs a little break now to recover from my marathon😎. I shall get around to catching up as i can.  I hope you are all doing on in the madness, hugs to you all. Emmax

***

Id love to enter the following challenges:

http://unicornchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/03/challenge-52-flower-power.html

*****
http://daisychainchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/03/challenge-39-use-dies.html

***



20 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card Stay safe Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

anncreatief said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Stay safe. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card for your Mum Emma, beautiful daffodils.
Hope you are ok and be safe xx

Babs said...

First thank you so much for my fun easter card Emma I love it and it’s bright colours it cheered me up. Loving your daffodil card with those beautiful yellow blooms , lovely design and a gorgeous card, welcome back, hope your internet is sorted now, stay well..
Babs x

pinkclover.cards said...

Hi Emma. Nice to see you back. Beautiful card, the daffs show up rwally well with that background. Take care.
Fatima xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card, great to see you back posting your cards. Keep safe and well der friend cheers Sue N x

Kirsty said...

So lovely to have you back and with a gorgeous and bright card for your Mum, which I bet she loved. Look forward to seeing more of your work. Stay safe and well, big hugs Kirsty. xx

meg said...

Beautiful daffodils Emma love the dimension you created with them

gwen70 said...

Beautiful card for your mum, and many thanks for my gorgeous Easter card. It's good to see you posting on here will look forward to seeing all your creations xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Alison59 said...

Oooh Emma what a beautiful card :-)
No internet!! That's worse than self isolating :-@
Stay well xx

ALI said...

Beautiful those daffs are stunning x

Diane said...

Awesome bold colors and design Emma.

Hugs Diane

jimlynn said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!
Lynn

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

really pretty card and beautiful spring daffodils.Thanks for joining our challenge this month at Daisy Chains and good luck! Michelle DT x

Karenladd said...

Oh my goodness, this is a gorgeous card and I love the way you layered your dies. The daffodils just pop against your purple background and I have to say that I've never tried coloring my die cuts with markers but will give it a try now.

StephW said...

Emma I was so pleased to get your gorgeous Easter card & note thank you! Glad your internet is now sorted definitely need that at this time ... love your bright daffs with their heads turned upwards ... stay safe ... Steph x

Jean S said...

So lovely xxx

Ellen said...

Lovely card with beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Daisy Chain Challenges this time and good luck :)