Followers

Thursday 26 March 2020

Snowdrops Galore


Good Morning everyone, thank you for the lovely welcome back to cyberland.

As ive lost weeks of uploading i've decided to upload my snowdrops cards together. I really enjoyed using the snowdrop die i got for Christmas.  I love snowdrops as one of the first signs that spring is slowly coming along, peeking their cheery heads out of the ground.



These first ones are small but mighty...i do love small cards, always have - forces me not to add too much!!  Anyway approx size is: 5x4"  This year im making an effort to use older dies, forgot how much i loved this set!
I first die cut my snowdrops from white card, i held the little pieces that drop out in place with tape on the back, i then coloured them lightly with alcohol markers in green grey.
I die cut the fancy lacy panel from script cardstock and a backing layer from a contrasting colour of patterned paper.  I then used the largest die in the set and cut my base card from white cardstock, i hung the edge of the die over the spine of my base card so that it kept the spine in place and you get a shaped card.  Stamped greeting on a small fishtail banner cut from the same paper as the backing panel.  Touches of glitter to finish.

I made a little set of these in various colour choices, they flew out the door, as my craft desk is in the living room people often see what im working on and everyone who saw these loved them....maybe next year i will make more


******
Snowdrop shaker card


This version came about after making my mums gift -See HERE for the full details.  After die cutting my jar i used a craft knife to cut out the middle, backed with acetate, added foam tape around the outside edge, filled with glitter, micro beads & sequins and then backed with a solid jar die cut - this made my shaker element.  I then just built up the jar with snowdrops and foliage.


I kept it sentiment free so that the lovely friend whose birthday i made it for could display it longer if she so wished.  

*****

Acetate Hexagon Card

Approx 6x7"  I folded a piece of acetate in half and used my largest hexagon die to cut it into a shaped cardbase, the die didn't cut it perfectly but enough that when i finish with my scissors i had a neat finish. The stitch lines on the die also added a little detail on the acetate.  Using 2 of the hexagon dies i die cut a frame and attached to the frame with foam tape. I then die cut blue paper and attached to the inside of my card, only adding the glue where the white frame is so that you can't see glue from the inside or outside.  I did similar with the back panel so its all neat and tidy.

I then arranged my snowdrops, stamped sentiment on a die cut label shape, i cut a second lable, coloured with the green pen i used on the snowdrops, cut it in half leghtways and glued behind my white one.  Green gems to finish.


Different angle

Items Used:
Alexandra Renke snowdrop die
Sue Wilson die - french collection 'provence'
Spellbinders 'Valiant Honor'
MFT Fishtail banners
MFT curved border edge dies
Stitiched Hexagon dies
Various foliage dies
Hunkydory acetate
Marie anna designs - script card
B&M blue floral paper
Various 6x6 papers

Thank you for all stopping by once again.  I hope you are all doing ok, hugs to you all in these worrying times. Emmax


Id love to enter the following:

http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com/2020/03/challenge-205-use-flowers.html


*****

*****



*****



18 comments:

Babs said...

Welcome back to blog land Emma . These really are gorgeous , loving the hexagon shape card , beautiful flowers love the snowdrops there my favourite flowers too, what a lovely die might have to add this to my birthday wish list.
Stay safe
Babs x

meg said...

A beautiful selection of cards Emma, the snowdrop die is gorgeous especially when simply teamed with the Sue Wilson die. I do love the jar of snowdrops shaker card the snowdrops layer up beautifully on it and the acetate card

StephW said...

Love each and every one of your beautiful creations, snowdrops are also small & mighty little flowers & your die has certainly been well used of late ... Steph x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a fantastic selection of cards Stay safe Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

jimlynn said...

ALL are gorgeous!! I've never seen snowdrops before but I know they have to be so pretty. LOVE your cards.
Lynn

Diane said...

Fabulous shapes, die cuts and designs Emma.

Hugs Diane

Dawn Phillips said...

It must be spring. All those stunning snowdrops. Love Dawn x

Kirsty said...

Fabulous selection of cards Emma, they are all amazing, I love them all. The snowdrop die cuts are just gorgeous. I hope all is good with you, take care. Big hugs Kirsty. xxx

pinkclover.cards said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Emma.
Fatima xx

gwen70 said...

Stunning cards Emma, love the snowdrop die xx

Alison59 said...

OMG Emma what beautiful makes :-)

ALI said...

Love these Emma, great shape cards on the first ones and love the shaker x

Denise Fletcher said...

Love these snowdrops Emma, especially the jam jar shakers, fab x hope you're keeping safe and well xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous set of cards Emma, pretty snowdrops, love the way you added a bit of green colour on flowers. Your shaker card is so beautiful.
Stay safe xx

Jean S said...

I so love snowdrops Emma, fab cards. Glad your up and back on wifi again xxx

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh my! Your snowdrop cards are an absolute delight, Emma! Such pretty colours and wonderful designs! Thank you for joining our Spring Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Oh wow! All 3 are simply stunning! I don't know which is my favorite! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com