Followers

Monday 13 July 2020

Who let the dogs out?

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing a mixed media picture.  Years ago i did a cat picture and had in mind to do something with the crazy dogs - i finally got around to it.  
As you can see someone let all the dogs out and they have escaped to play in the woods among all the undergrowth and foliage. 

Size approx: 6x12"
So i first made a background base layer with brusho's in lime & lemon.  Once dried i stencilled on paw prints with silver paint and flowers with a gold pearl texture paste.
I stamped and coloured in my crazy dogs with inktense pencils and fussy cut them out.  I went with crazy colours.
Then using all those little pieces of card left from backgrounds over the years i die cut lots of different foliage, i then got arranging my greenery and dogs - which took some time getting a placement that worked for me.
I computer printed my title with a typewriter font, cut on a wonk and matted onto black, I used dies for the word 'dogs', i then covered them all in glossy accents to give an enamelled look.

Close up, the dogs all have glossy accents on their noses and eyes



And lastly the answer as to who let the dogs out....this guy reminds me of mutley....he is sitting on the sideline chuckling at the chaos he's caused😁

Now Mutley is showing my age for those of you who don't know he was/is the side kick of dick dastardly of whacky races

Items Used:
Tim Holtz crazy dogs mini stamps
Tattered lace fern die set
Various leaf die sets
Alpha tile die set
Inktense pencils
Brushos, Oxide & wink of stella for all the foliage

I hope my little piece of wall art has made you smile this Monday morning and that you all have a good week. Im having to rest my hands from wire working so i expect i shall be papercrafting this week.  Stay safe. Hugs Emmaxx




Id love to enter the following:

https://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.com/2020/07/july-2020-do-what-makes-you-happy.html  - Creating these little scenes with stamps makes me very happy and this one had me singing along too with the song....who let the dogs out😁

***




24 comments:

StephW said...

Fabulous piece of art Emma, love the expressions on their faces, so much gorgeous detail you've packed into the scene ... yes I do remember Mutley! Steph x

Clur said...

I really wish my two Dobeys were this bright and colourful :)
A couple of them look a little bit annoyed though ... has Mutley interrupted their weekend lie-in?!
💕 Clare x

meg said...

fabulous picture Emma, love your crazy dogs in those colours and all the fabulous embellishments.

gwen70 said...

Wow Emma what a stunning picture you have made. I love it xx

Alison59 said...

Oh WOW Emma what a fun and fabulous creation. You put so much into your work. Yes I remember Mutley - old person lol!!!

pinkclover.cards said...

Fabulous project Emma, so much detail!
Fatima x

Mrs A. said...

Absolutely brilliant. I love the colours. Did indeed make me smilie and isn’t there a song by that title cos I am singing it in my head.!! Hugs Mrs A.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning picture Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

ALI said...

Beautful work Emma.

Diane said...

Just fabulous colors and love the design Emma. Wow, I haven't thought of Muttley from the Hanna Barbera cartoons in years. Thanks for the memory.

Hugs Diane

Jenny D said...

Certainly made me smile Emma, love the colourful dogs and all the details in the scene. Looks like they are having great fun including Mutley! Jenny x

Jean S said...

Just fabulous Emma, loving the colours so much to look at brill!! Jx

Babs said...

Love this stunning creation Emma the colours of foliage are so beautiful , and I just love the crazy dogs , theres so much going on in your beautiful little scene everything looks amazing . Hope your doing ok.
Babs x

Nozomi Design said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! The detail and the colours - incredible! The dog in the corner definitely looks like Mutley. We also had Wacky Races in Japan when I was a child!

creationsnz said...

An amazing scene Emma, lots of detail and interesting things to find. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

Monika Gulyas said...

What a fun and colourful project!!! I love it!!! Thank you for joining the July challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Denise Fletcher said...

I love all things Dog so this appeals to me. Love the background and the fun feel to it!

Dawn Phillips said...

Love all those crazy coloured pooches. Love Dawn x

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Andree said...

A fabulously fun project. Wonderful colours, details and textures.
Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Let's Art Journal said...

What an amazing project! I love the design with all the fun dogs 😁. Mutley was definitely my favourite, I've been known to laugh like him too ...lol! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs, Jo x

Craftyfield said...

That is gorgeous and fun! I love the die-cuts and the crazy dogs, of course! Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!

Kirsty said...

What a stunning piece of art Emma, love this, especially the naughty chap on the edge of the frame. Fabulous. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x