Followers

Monday 26 October 2020

Nativity Tri-Fold card

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing a tri fold Christmas card using this fab nativity die set from Spellbinders.  


Approx size A6 (4x6")  I first took a sheet of A4 card and scored and folded into three using the DL line on my scoreboard.  I then took the outside cutting die to die cut a window in the front and middle sections, i did this in one go through both layers so that they line up perfectly.  As my arch dies aren't deep enough to cut 3 layers of 300gsm, i drew around the largest die at the top of the card and hand cut to give an arched window shape to my cardblank.  I then used an distress embossing folder to emboss the whole cardbase.

I then die cut the silhouette scene from black pearl card and the star rays from gold mirror card. I used a crealies arch die to cut them bigger than the aperture so i could glue them in easily - so the front panel is glued in from the back to hide all glue.  I added ombre paper to the back panel to show through the windows.  

Computer printed sentiment and die cut holly from gold mirror card and glitter glue holly berries to finish.


Showing it stood up with the light shining through the layers


My middle panel i added some little die cut donkeys for the stable from the black pearl cardstock.  



Just a close up


Showing it from above.  So as not to spoil the effect when its stood on the mantle piece i opted to put the sentiment and place to write on the back of the back panel so you can't see writing through my windows. 

Items Used:
Spellbinders 3D Holiday Nativity Vignette set 
Crealies XL Stitched arch die set
Joanna Sheen donkey dies
Memory box mini holly die
Crafters companion 8x8 distress embossing folder
B&M Ombre 12x12 paper pad
B&M Gold mirror card
CraftUK smooth white cardstock
Payper Box Black pearl cardstock


Thank you for all your amazing comments on my halloween project last week.  I hope you have a good week. Stay safe.  Hugs Emma


Id love to enter the following:


***

***










 

21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card and design Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Stunning card Emma, love it xx

Pat said...

What a beautiful nativity scene, I love the design of your card with the lovely scenes, thanks for playing along with us at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

Alison59 said...

This is amazing Emma and the real reason for Christmas :-)

Kate Jeffery said...

a stunning card Emma
Kate x

meg said...

Love the card shape you created for this beauty Emma

Chris said...

A stunning Christmas card, wonderful design to showcase the beautiful Nativity scenes.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
Chris
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW, this is beautiful, what a great card, I love the triple fold on it, it makes it extra special, Hazel xx

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card love the shaped fold and beautiful die-cut scene
Carol x

Jenny D said...

Fabulous card Emma, love the shape and design reminds me of a stained glass window. Jenny D x

A.Rose said...

An absolutely stunning creation! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown!

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Emma, such a beautiful nativity scene xx

StephW said...

Beautiful festive make, love the gold star rays in contrast to the silhouette figures in your scene ... Steph x

ALI said...

Another beauty Emma, lots of detail! x

Jean S said...

An other superb card Emma love it xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Emma what an amazing little Christmas card very unusual ... I actually think I am spending a lot more time on Christmas cards this year ... I seem to have a lot of time on my hands (I wonder why lol ) ... still a lot of rainbows around her at the moment and I am a bit fed up with the rain ... stay safe and stay well ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Babs said...

This is stunning Emma and I love your little die cut Donkeys. It’s was so lovely to get your email the other day thank you so much.
Babs x

BrendaB said...

Just gorgeous! Love how you layered the images and openings! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Goga said...

Stunning card, Thank you for joining us at the 52CCT. Goga

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Stunning card Emma....love the dies....and seeing you over on Fab n Funky...Joolsx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the layered nativity scene, fantastic. Big hugs Kirsty. xx