Followers

Monday 2 November 2020

Shaker Christmas cards

Morning everyone.

Today is a set of Christmas shaker cards.  This year Ive made an effort to use up old paper pads, so this one is from bobunny and a christmas woodland theme in blues and browns, i teamed it with white pearl card and silver mirror card.


Approx 6x6" in size.  I first die cut spellbinders grand label one from white pearl card and folded in half for my base card.  I layered with a piece of paper cut with a smaller label 1, i cut this in half and glued to the front and back of my card.  I then die cut the snowflake circle die from white pearl card and used a circle die to cut around the outside so it becomes a circular frame, i then attached a die cut acetate circle to the back & die cut a circle frame the same size out of funky foam which i glued to the back for my shaker element - just easier to stick than foam tape to a circle leaving no gaps.  

I die cut the girl panel from white pearl card and silver mirror card and offset so that some of the silver shows at the top, a circle from the paper pad and a larger white circle.  I glued the girl onto the paper panel  and added micro beads, silver sequins and glitter for my shaker bits and attached my snowflake frame over the top.  I then mounted onto the larger circle and my cardfront. 

Stamped greeting die cut into a fishtail banner, snowflakes die cut from silver mirror card and a dazzle gem for the centres to finish. 


Just adding that little bit of silver behind the girl helps her stand out from the background, she reminds me of my little nieces out catching snowflakes as they are so rare to see here in Cornwall


A close up of my shaker


Different papers same design




This one shows how the card base stands up easily.

and with the negative middle piece that falls out from the snowflake circle frame i made some very simple gift tags for my presents
I stamped a sentiment on the circle in black and some snowflakes in grey ink and mounted onto a larger circle die cut from patterned papers.  Set an eyelet and added some ribbon and glitter glue highlights to finish.


Items Used:
Bobunny Sleigh ride paper pad
Girl snowflake frame die - brand unknown
Spellbinders grand lables 1 & circle dies
Memory box snowflake dies
MFT fishtail banner die
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Creative expressions dazzler gems
White pearl cardstock
Silver mirror card

Thank you all for stopping by, i hope you have a good rest of the week as we prepare for another lockdown.  Weather isn't too good so more crafting for me.  Stay safe. Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter:

***

***






 

19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful shaker cards Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

A beautiful trio of cards Emma, love the die cut image of the girl catching the snowflakes in the shaker, what a great way to use the waste making your tags, must remember that tip.

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards and tags Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shaker cards love the little girl in the snowglobes and beautiful papers
Carol x

Hazel (Didos) said...

These are stunning, what pretty makes, I love that you didnt waste the waste too and made those pretty tags, Hazelxx

gwen70 said...

Wow Emma simply beautiful cards, love them xx

Alison59 said...

What a super idea Emma; they are delightful :-)

Mrs A. said...

These all look amazing. Now
I know what special cards
I need to make for close family this year. I was stuck on thinking of an idea. Hugs Mrs A.

Dawn Phillips said...

These are awesome. I wish I had some of those papers in my stash. Love Dawn x

StephW said...

Such a lovely & restful colour palette but then you've got sparkle with the shaker element & gems on the snowflakes! Gorgeous makes ... Steph x

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful cards and tags, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Diane said...

Fabulous shaker cards and designs Emma.

Hugs Diane

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Emma just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Denise Fletcher said...

Wow love these Emma! Please can I have one for Xmas?! 😘😘😘😘

Kirsty said...

Stunning shakers cards Emma, so pretty and love how you've used your scrap pieces to make tags, ingenious!! Take care and stay safe, big hugs Kirsty. x

Jean S said...

Gorgeous cards Emmaxx

Nozomi said...

Wow, these are fantastic! I collect snow globes, so I particularly love these cards! You are so good at turning the materials in your stash into something very special! x

Alex said...

Wow... amazing beautiful shakers! Love your cards.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Kreativ-Tanten and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite

Jenny D said...

Stunning cards Emma, so pretty. Love the beautiful tags as well. Jenny x