Followers

Monday 22 March 2021

Kaleidoscope of butterflies

Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend.

For Christmas one of my brothers and sister in law gave me a beautiful set of stamps by Aall&create with these giant butterflies.  So for my SIL's birthday this month i decided to use the main butterfly.

8x8" card.  The butterfly was stamped onto white card, watercoloured with inktense pencils and cut out.  I cut a piece of white card to fit the base and used a cloud embossing folder with the letterpress technique of adding blue ink to one side and running through my machine, this gave me blue sky and white clouds. 
I matted that onto black card and then the base.  I die cut a white and black oval frames and added with foam tape.  I then added the butterfly with glue gel.  I stamped the sentiment onto die cut cloud to finish. 

Version 2 is the butterfly stamped onto white vellum and coloured with alcohol markers and white pen for the berries.  I coloured it from the back.  Glitter glue to the flower centres to finish.



Version 3 is stamped on white vellum but i coloured it with acrylic paints again on the back, which is easier as don't have to worry too much about staying in the lines which im not very good at.  I used XL oval dies to make my oval cardblank and frame, i embossed the middle with a floral burst embossing folder.

and version 4.  This time stamped onto acetate and coloured with alcohol inks on the back which gives a fab stained glass effect.  I added white paint to the berries first and then the alcohol inks, this kept the berries white.

Items Used
Aall&create butterfly stamp #322 'floral wings'
Crafters companion cloud EF
Creative Expressions floral burst EF
XL Oval dies
Cloud die
Clearly besotted sentiment stamps
Acetate, vellum
CraftUK ltd smooth white card
Black card

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you are all holding in there and have a good week.  Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the following with my first card:

***

***

***

***












 

19 comments:

Alison59 said...

Oh wow Emma these are stunning :-)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card and colour combo Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Wow Emma these are stunning, you have such a lot of patience with your colouring xx

Dawn Phillips said...

They are all very 'wow' cards. That butterfly is stunning. Love Dawn x

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a stunning (and absolutely springtime perfect) stamp! You've done it justice and then some with these vibrant, gorgeous coloured images.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

meg said...

A fabulous stamp Emma,love the cards you created using it the colours are beautiful

Diane said...

Wow Emma, what gorgeous designs and colors.

Hugs Diane

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning selection and love the beautiful floral butterfly
Carol x

pinkclover.cards said...

All four versions are stunning Emma.
Fatima x

Kate Jeffery said...

stunning cards Emma
Kate x

Jean S said...

These are just so beautiful Emma, gorgeous colours ...a lovely gift to get xxx

papierelle said...

Oh wow, all three cards are stunning!!! Glad you joined us at DotMCC. Gundi

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous set of cards Emma, the butterfly is so beautiful love your designs xx

ALI said...

Stunning Emma, that's a beautiful butterfly x

StephW said...

Emma all your butterflies are a gorgeous riot of colour! Wonderful creations .. Steph x

Rosmarie said...

Just awesome - and a real feast for the eyes!! I admire the patience you must have had, to color them!!! My absolute favorite is the third one. Its transparency is so incredibly beautiful!!! Thank you so much for joining in on DotMCC. Rosi x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Stunning card....love the stamp...Joolsx

Kirsty said...

Four fabulous cards Emma, love your beautiful butterflies. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Papierlisi said...

what a lovely bunch of flowery butterflies! So creative, love them all! Thank you for playing along with us on https://bastel-traum.blogspot.com/2021/03/99-schmetterling-butterfly.html ! Crafty hugs, Tina