Followers

Wednesday 14 July 2021

In the birdhouse...

Good Morning all.

Its a mixed media home decor piece from me today.  I made this back in January as a gift and now its landed at its new home I can share it.   Using the fab katzelkraft bird stamps ive made up a birdhouse for them to live in.


I took a frame and covered it in black gesso & touches of texture paste then layered on various acrylic paints. I lined each section with a brown paper that I'd over stamped with a wood grain stamp.  I stamped lots of the birds and watercoloured with distress oxide inks and cut them out, adding glossy accents to the eyes.  I then got building up each room - see below.  I added a key to the roof to act as a kind of chimney and a copper effect label, keyhole & key to the front of my birdhouse. 





Here we start in the nursery where the new parents are waiting for their chicks to hatch.  I used beads for the eggs & a little easter basket which id cut off the handles for my nest. 


In one birds bedroom she is trying to work out which outfit of feathers to wear today.  I made a little mirror for her using mirri card and a chipboard frame, little metal hanger charm and some feathers and a little sewing machine charm for when she wants to personalise her outfit.  As birds aren't afraid of spiders she has a pet spider too😁

In the play room the chicks are practising a new dance routine.  The spiders and web i die cut from black card and added silver acrylic paint, to the spiders i added crackle accents and let dry.

And in the kitchen its chaos😁  I used dried hazel twigs for the wood stools my birds are stood and sat on.  Reindeer moss on the floor, some more feathers and metal charms.

Items Used:
Katzelkraft stamps - les zoisos
Stampin up stamp - hardwood
Spider & web die
Patterned paper
Distress Oxide inks - peacock, blueprint, persimmon, raspberry, lemon, citron, candied apple
Pebeo acrylic paints
Tim Holtz ideology items
Various metal charms
Feathers

Thank you all for stopping by.  My mojo is still on holiday, really need to start on some cards as got several birthdays coming up so hopefully it returns soon😊 I hope its a good week for you all.  Hugs Emmaxxx



Id love to enter the following:


***


***




 

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a wonderful project the crazy chick are brilliant Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Diane said...

Super cute mixed media home decor Emma, what a fun idea.

Hugs Diane

Jean S said...

Oh it’s brilliant Emma, love those birds with the expressions! I’m sure the recipient just loved it jxx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW absolutely brilliant love the quirky birds and the different themed rooms you created -very clever and imaginative
Carol x

meg said...

These birds are such quirky cheeky characters,love your project,the recipient must have loved it

Annie said...

Is this just not the most cutest, funnest, quirkiest birdhouse ever! I loved going through every room with you to see all the fabulous details packed into each one. The chaos in the kitchen is hilarious. It would have been great fun to watch it being received.

Sandra Wright. said...

I absolutely love this, so much fun, those birds look so happy in their little homes.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at More Mixed Media..x

gwen70 said...

super cute Emma, adore those birds xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun take on a birdhouse. I love this. Thanks for sharing this over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Hugs-Erika

Andree said...

What a darling project! It's so full of gorgeous textures, fabulous details, vibrant colours and wonderful humour.
Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Ina G said...

Wow what anamazing mixed media make Emma. So full of fun, amazing elements and so creative. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Artisite Mixed Media this month.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a happy home you have created for all those quirky birds, each room has it's own little feature. Love the embellishments, inside and out.
Many thanks for sharing @ Creative Artiste and joining in with our Anything Mixed Media Goes challenge.
Creative wishes Tracey (DT)

StephW said...

Fabulous creativity Emma & so much fun! Steph x

Kirsty said...

Emma, this is just amazing, I love all your little rooms and how your birds are doing all their tasks, Brilliant use of all the mixed media elements. Another stunner. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Super adorable creation! It made me smile a mile wide at first sight and is definitely one of the most upbeat projects I've had the pleasure of seeing in a good while.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life