Followers

Monday 29 August 2022

Charlotte is 3

Good Morning everyone

Yesterday my youngest niece Charlotte turned 3, these are the 2 cards i made for her, one from me and one from my parents.  

7x7" lever fold card.  I found this fab mermaid image in my stash from hobbyhouse so  I picked up on the colours in the topper and found a purply water themed paper, its all matted onto chocolate box purple mirri card.  I die cut my sea elements from scraps of paper, using green for my fish to pick up on the green in the image. Computer printed sentiments die cut into circles and lots of glitter highlights to finish. 



Showing it fully opened out, i had another smaller mermaid topper and decided to fussy cut and add to the inside with lots more sea creatures. 





I picked out the die cut details in the creatures with paint pens, the net behind the mermaid was die cut from an off cut of the purple mirri card.  I added a panel to the back of the card to write the greeting on. 



card 2.



Its always hard coming up with 2 totally different cards for each niece and also having 5 nieces to keep coming up with different ideas!   I found this fab flying pig paper in one of my paper pads from the works and thought it would be ideal as they had just had a little of piglets arrive on the farm so its always an exciting time for the children.  I teamed the paper up with a copper satin card.
XL DL (4x11.5")  card, so A4 folded in half lengthways.
I matted the paper onto the copper satin card, rounding all the corners as i went.  I then die cut the alphas from the satin card and mounted onto white die cut circles, these i added to the base with foam tape.  Die cut the birthday sentiment from copper & white and added a drop shadow with the white to help it stand out a bit. Glitter highlights to the wings to finish.

This isn't really the layout i would have gone with, with the placement of the alphas but when i came to attaching them i tried not to hide all the pigs faces.  



Trying to show the light hitting the copper satin card as it really it lovely - sadly photos like with the mirror card don't do it justice.


Items Used:
Hobbyhouse mermaid topper
Papers from old paper pads from B&M
Spellbinders circle dies
Tattered lace Alpha dies
Sea themed dies
Sizziz birthday die
Rangers stickles glitter glue- diamond, twinkle

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy your bank holiday monday and have a great week. Emmax


Id love to enter my mermaid card in the following:

7 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two wonderful cards
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Your piggy card is adorable Emma,love the layout ,so many fabulous details in the mermaid card,beautiful images and diecut embellishments against the wonderful background

Kate Jeffery said...

two beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Becca Sadler said...

Emma: thanks for entering your cards to MTTC's fantasy whimsical theme challenge! Both have fantasy charm! And you did a splendid job making 2 totally different birthday cards that will appeal to your niece! --Becca/DT

StephW said...

Gorgeous makes for Charlotte both are perfect for her ... Steph x

Anonymous said...

Great cards! LesleyW

Kirsty said...

Two beautiful cards Emma, can't believe I haven't commented on them before now. I thought I hadn't been on for a month or so but not this long!! Where does the time go. Big hugs Kirsty. x