Followers

Thursday 8 December 2022

Dads workshop

Good Morning everyone

I made this bench fold card for my dads birthday, its the 1st time ive made one of these folds and i used up random stuff from my craft stash to build the scene.  I found a template on pinterest and then just sized it up to make an A5 sized bench.  Also known as a shelf card. 


I made all the bench elements and base from 350gsm brown cardstock so its nice and sturdy.  I found several wood themed papers in my stash to cut to fit the panels and inked all the edges brown.  The drawer fronts i cut out of a paper and added with foam tape for some dimension. I added various tools, both die cut from card and little metal ones.  2 chipboard cats i covered with black cadence dora paint so they shimmer a bit, but also it gives them a bit of texture.

Showing it from above, on the bench i added some little seed packets, newspapers, tools - all things you do find on my dads workbenches, including the cats



metal charms added to the back panel with metal brads




And a box for it, as although these bench fold cards do fold flat in the past my dad hasn't quite worked out how to display fancy fold cards so i decided to just give it to him in its finished upright position😀 

All the items i used for this have been in my stash for a very very long time so not sure on the makes of most of it, the wood pattern papers are a mix of very old paper pads from docrafts & poundland. 

Thank you all for popping by once again.  I hope its a good weekend for you all.  Keep warm. Hugs Emmaxx


Id love to enter the following:


***

***











 

10 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

what a fantastic keep sake card for your dad.
thank you for my beautiful Christmas card

Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Many Happy returns to your dad, what a fantastic card Emma, so many details to see and a brilliant fold

jimlynn said...

This is fantastic and looks exactly like a guy's work bench! All the details are just amazing. I love the little cats you added too. Your dad will love it.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely fabulous card you made for your Dad love the shelf fold and all the tool embellishments-brilliant and Happy birthday to your Dad
Carol x

Debbie Mageed said...

Love, love, love this wonderful fun fold card, Emma! The details are perfect and I really love how you have the kitties investigating the bench!! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie DT
Secrets To Stamping

Elizabeth Hart said...

The workshop that you created is so creative - love it. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge

Kate Jeffery said...

Wow a fantastic card Emma bet your Dad loved it
Kate x

Kirsty said...

Fabulous fold card for your Dad Emma, love it and I'm sure he will too. Big hugs Kirsty. x

StephW said...

Such a fabulous creation for your Dad, love those metal charms! Steph x

Ivy (Ivette) said...

Wow! This card was just jaw dropping! Beautifully created and detailed (love detailed projects. There was a lot of thought that went into this card. Awesomeness all around! I am a DT member over at A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge Blog, do join in on our challenge, its always ATG!
n1sunrider.blogspot.com
Ivette (Ivy)