Followers

Monday 5 December 2022

Holey Moley

Good Morning everyone

A lovely crafty friend sent me a few stamped images, one was this fab mole stamp by pink ink, as soon as I saw him I knew i wanted to use it for my dads birthday which is today.  Decades ago my dad made alot of vegetable wines including turnip wine so the extra stamped turnips that came with the mole were an ideal little touch. They grow alot of turnips on the farm for the cows which love them......not to be confused with swedes 

A5 turquoise base card.  I first watercoloured the mole with inktense pencils, putting down a base layer and blending with water and while still damp adding the little dashes with the pencils to give a fur like effect. I added glossy accents to the glass, bottle and spectacles and cut him out. 

I picked up on the mauve & yellow tones id used to pick out papers from my stash, i matted them onto cream cardstock and then the base.  The lilac paper i used to ground my mole Id die cut with stitched edge dies to pick up on the idea of mounds of mole hills. I adhered Mr mole into place with glue gel. 

Computer printed sentiment onto cream cardstock and added to the base. I did debate with myself on going with 'holey or holy' but i think as this is for my dad he will appreciate 'holey' more for a little smile.

 I added the 2 little turnips to finish. 


Just a close up.
They have alot of moles on the farm and in the veg garden, mum collects the mole dirt as its ideal for pots and plants mixed in with compost - the moles have already worked it so no lumps in it๐Ÿ˜

Items Used:
Pink Ink Stamps 'holy moley'
MFT stitched curved edge dies
Fishtail banner die
Patterned papers
Derwent Inktense pencils
Turquoise & cream cardstock
Ranger glossy accents

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope its a good week for you.  Big hugs Emmaxxx


Id love to enter the following:


 

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

I love that image a fabulous fun card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

A brilliant fun card for your dad Emma, lovely to read the story behind your choice,images

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, your dad will love it xx

StephW said...

Such a fabulous make for your Dad, mole is even wearing slippers! Love the puny sentiment too ... Steph x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous mole stamp with his glass of wine-nice to hear good facts about moles too-love the story behind the card
Carol x

Kate Jeffery said...

a brilliant card Emma
Kate x

jimlynn said...

That's interesting about the moles, compost, and turnip wine (which I'd never heard of)! We used to grow turnips and I love the greens from them.
Cute, cute and fun card and know your dad will love it!
Lynn

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card and design, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

Kirsty said...

Brilliant card, love the cheeky Mole, hope Dad had a great birthday. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Elizabeth Hart said...

I absolutely love this - so prfect for my husband whi is constantly mad at the havoc they create on the highly manicured lawns here in the south. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers Challenge.

Julie B said...

Such a fun image and I love a good punny sentiment. Thanks for linking up at HLS Birthday. :)