Followers

Monday 19 December 2022

Sophie & Lizzy's birthdays

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing birthday cards i made for my nieces, Sophie was 11 on friday and Lizzy was 9 on monday, as always Ive made 2 cards, one from myself and one for my parents to give.

A4 Tri-fold stepper card made for Sophie.  She loves her fashion and I found a lovely girly paper in my stash that was perfect, i picked up on the tones in the paper and matted with a copper satin card which really dances when the light hits it.  I used 2 very old KennyK toppers from hobby house and cut the girls out.  I mounted one onto a white die cut oval and then the front panel and the 2nd girl onto the back panel. 

I die cut Sophie's name and age from the copper satin card & adhered to the panels, i drew around the alphas once glued down with a dark brown fine liner pen to help them stand out a bit better.  Computer printed sentiment in brown ink added to the middle panel.  As Sophie loves her bling i added large coffee colour pearls to the top right and bottom left corners to finish.

Showing it side on.

I used a tattered lace shutter die set which comes with all the mat layer dies too so great for a pretty quick card.  The paper came from an old make&create pad from the works

***

Card 2 for Sophie is again using an old tattered lace die set, it makes super tiny diamond fold cards so i lined up the die a 2nd time to make it a double diamond pop out - finished size approx 5x5"  Very old bobunny papers 'Isabella' in grey and pink so i used a pearl grey cardstock for my base.  Butterflies are an old spellbinders dies cut from dark pink card for their base and one of the plainer papers from the pad.  

I die cut the sentiment and Sophie from dark pink and silver mirri cards and did a drop shadow with the pink to help them stand out and added to the side panels.  Gems added to the butterflies to finish.

and showing the back of the card, i used paler papers on the side panels so could write the greeting.  Computer printed sentiments die cut into circles for the middle sections.


***


Lizzy's cards
More old stash in use - old presscut stepper die for the base cut from white card and then i found a paper to match the topper and added the panels.  The topper is another old one from hobbyhouse - they come pre-coloured.  I cut it to size, rounded the corners and added with foam tape.  
Sentiment and alpha's die cut from purple mirri card, lilac gems and glitter glue highlights added to finish.


Yep -you've guess it, another very old die set! Its good to dig out old dies again.  A Sizzix flip it set.  I die cut the base from white card and the panels from a fab pink & teal paper that came a few years ago from B&M.  I computer printed the sentiments onto white card and die cut into circles and added to the flip section.   Die cut spellbinders fairy dies from teal glitter card and gave them vellum wings, these i added to the base, 2 to the front and one on the back.  Die cut butterflies from gold holographic card to finish. 

Showing the front opened up

and the back of the card, i left a space on the left to write the greeting.

I hope you all have a good week, the countdown is on now, as crafters we plan for Christmas for months but it still seems to arrive quickly.  Big hugs. Emmaxxx





 

8 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Sorry not been around have been in hospital.
What a stunning selection of cards today Emma I love them.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Your nieces cards are stunning Emma,so many beautiful girly images,gorgeous papers,embellishments and layouts

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma sure Sophie and Lizzy will love them
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous cards love all the folds, dies and girly images
Carol x

pinkclover.cards said...

So much gorgeous detail in all of your cards Emma. I'm sure your neices will love them. I agree with you about digging out old stuff and using up old stash - very satisfying!

Fatima x

Jean S said...

Fabulous cards for!the girls Emma, I’m sure they will love them
Jxx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Emma, fabulous designs. Big hugs Kirsty. X

StephW said...

Gorgeous cards for your nieces Emma. Thought I had already commented on this post but may have been on CraftWorld instead! Steph x