Followers

Wednesday 4 January 2023

Exploding insert birthday cards

Good Morning everyone

I hope you all had a lovely festive season and wishing you all a Happy & Healthy 2023.  

After making my exploding insert Christmas cards, I decided to make a batch of birthday cards too, the 12x12 paper pads from the works are ideal for these as they are double sided.   

Card size 6x5.5" .  I first made the exploding inserts and attached to the inside.  I then cut patterned paper to fit the front of my card and used an old memory box circle burst die and cut into the top middle of the panel.  I added gold mirror card to the card base behind where the circle aperture will be and attached the paper panel to the card with foam tape.  I glued the circlar piece back into place with glue so that is flat, the gold mirror then shines through nicely. 

I stamped my greeting and die cut into circles and mounted in the middle with more foam tape.  Glitter glue highlights to the paper to finish.  Irises are one of my fav flowers so i just love this paper
Make & Create (the works) paper pad 'hummingbirds' for front and insert

and the insert, using a paper with a smaller version of the irises.  I computer printed my verse onto white card and die cut into an oval, a 2nd die cut oval added to the bottom panel to write the greeting on. 


***

Version 2  again after doing the insert first i picked a co-ordinating paper for the front and used a soft satin gold behind.  I cut out extra flowers from the paper i used on the insert to decorate the card front.  
Make & Create paper pads 'vintage floral' & 'watercolour feelings'

and the insert

***

Version 3.  Ive matted the papers onto a turquoise glitter card which picks up the blues in the paper.  The butterflies were die cut from off cuts of the papers as most of the papers in this paper pad have solid colours on the back.  I added pearls to the butterfly bodies to finish

Paper pad 'watercolour feelings' (make & Create) & 'Ladybird' by Prima

and the insert

***

Version 4 using the same paper pad as the first card, the paper i used for the insert has small hummingbirds among the irises, another paper in the pad has extra large hummingbirds so i cut the large on out for the front of the card, pink mirror card behind.   I added a strip of irises paper across the bottom to break up all the pink.    I added glossy accents to the birds beak and eye and glitter glue to his wings

Make & Create paper pad 'hummingbirds'

and the insert


***
This version i made for a good craft friend.  I found the cherryblossom paper in an old pad for the insert and then going through all my 6x6 pads found a smaller cherry blossom for the front.  Matted onto gold mirror card and then the base card is black pearl.  

Oriental stamps came free with a magazine many years ago, stamped onto white and cut out.  I found leaving them uncoloured they stood out better.

paper pad 'cherry blossom' by kaisercraft

and the insert.  Insert paper from make&create paper pad 'vintage floral'


I actually managed to make 10 variants, most of them have already gone to new homes.  

Items Used:
Memory box circle burst die
Studio Light butterfly dies
circle & oval dies
Patterned Papers
Oriental stamps
Clearly besotted Sentiment stamps

Thank you all for stopping by.  Im looking forward to another 12 months of crafting.  Hugs Emmax

 

7 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card designs
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

These are absolutely stunning Emma,your choice of papers is wonderful

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely fabulous exploding insert cards-love all the beautiful papers-Iris are one od my favourite flowers too and I have these beautiful papers
Carol x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

My you have been busy ... they are all wonderful, love the hummingbird especially ... Steph x

Jean S said...

Love all of
all your cards Emma, I’m sure your mum and bro will love theirs as well. As I did mine :-) Love the papers . Thanks for all you inspiration Xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful selection of cards Emma, loving the pretty papers and fab designs. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx