Followers

Friday 6 January 2023

40th Birthday

Good Morning everyone. 

My youngest brother is 40 tomorrow and these are the 2 cards i made for him, first one is another exploding insert card😊


7x7" white card base.  I started off by die cutting lots nuts, bolts & screw heads from scraps of mirror card in different colours.  I printed out the number 40 to size using my computer and cut them out so that i had a separate 4 & 0, I then used these to build on with all the nuts and bolts, over lapping them as i went.  I used pinflair glue gel for this as it sticks well to mirror card.

I cut a piece of grey happy birthday background and matted onto navy blue mirror card and then the base card.  I then added the numbers and a computer printed sentiment matted onto more navy blue mirror card and foam tape.  I added to screw head die cuts to the sentiment strip which were die cut from copper mirror card.

Here you can see the dimension of the built up numbers, I used silver & gold holographic, dark green, copper, chocolate & petrol coloured mirror cards, so it really dances and shimmers in the light but a nightmare to capture in the photos.

and the exploding insert I added.  I found a sheet of 12x12 paper with tools on in my stash which is ideal as he is an engineer.   Computer printed sentiments die cut into circles to finish and give a place to write my greeting. 

Items Used:
Spellbinders dies 'nuts & bolts'
Circle dies
Papermania diy paper (very old)
Anna Marie designs birthday cardstock
Various mirror card snippets.


***

and card 2....Jack also loves to go camping with his family, so i found this fab lantern and camping gear die sets which are ideal.  


5x7" card base made from acetate that has a tree and mountain scene foiled in silver so i thought was the ideal backdrop.  I took a sheet of pale blue paper for my insert and added some green ink to the bottom and soft clouds to the top to help add to my back scene.

I die cut the lantern and pieces from kraft card and inked all the edges with vintage photo to give a more rustic feel.  I then die cut all the scene pieces of scraps of brusho'd cardstock for my sky, grass and trees and then white card for the sign post, tent & fire which i then coloured with alcohol pens.  I used yellow & orange fine liner pens to doodle in the sun....of course the sun always shines when they are camping😁

I then attached the lantern to the card front. Computer printed sentiment onto kraft card and die cut into an inverted scallop, inked with lemonade oxide ink around the edges.

just a close up, i doodled in some little tufts of grass with a green fine liner pen


and onto the back of the card...

...I decided to do a night time scene as well, as the foiled scene on the acetate has a little moon.   I used the same dies to build up my scene but found a more night sky feel paper scrap which was the ideal backdrop

Just a close up of my night scene.  

Items Used:
Lantern Die
Camping die set
memory box Tree line die 
Spellbinders inverted scallop die
Hunkydory foiled acetate
Oxide inks tumbled glass, lucky clover, evergreen bough, chipped sapphire
Alcohol markers
Kraft card

I hope you all have a great weekend.  Hugs to you all. Emmax



 

7 comments:

gwen70 said...

Abolutely fantastic cards Emma, your brother will love them xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning makes Emma
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards and sound just perfect. Love all the dies and the 40 made with all the cogs and bolts
carol x

meg said...

Two fabulous cards for your brother Emma,the nuts,bolts and screws look brilliant as the no. 40, a really clever card,love both the front and back of the camping lantern

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Such a clever way to make up the number 40 brilliant idea and the lantern card is a definite WOW both front & back! Steph x

Kirsty said...

These are both brilliant Emma, I just love both designs, especially the lantern idea, fab. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx