Followers

Monday 9 January 2023

Mums 70th

Good Morning everyone

Today is my mums 70th birthday.  She loves her colour as much as i do and is also a keen gardener so the 'watercolour feelings' paper pad from the works was ideal.  I tried out a new to me fold, with a 3 step insert. 

White 6x5" cardbase.   I made the insert first.  I then cut my base card from white and on the front matted a panel of the same paper i used for the insert onto rich gold glitter cardstock and then the base card.  I die cut the birthday sentiment from white card, matted onto a larger circle of glitter card and added to the front.  I then die cut a flower from one of the plainer papers in the pad, using scraps of paper i die cut 3 green leaves and added all to the front.  A solid button added to the middle to finish.

and onto the insert, i glued this in before i started on the front and i first glued a panel of solid dark pink paper to the middle fold so that it shows through the cuts in the steps rather than seeing the white.  I then glued in the insert.  With all these fancy inserts ive been making, its easier to glue in one side of the insert first, fold it down and glue the second side on top by closing the card.

I die cut 'mum' from gold glitter card, matted onto white squares and added to the steps, then the sentiment using various alpha dies and the gold glitter card and mounted onto a white die cut circle.

I got these lovely butterfly dies in the black friday sale and this is their first outing and they are already a firm favourite with me after .  I die cut them from solid papers from the same 'watercolour feelings' paper pad and matted onto white card, gave the wings some shape and glued into place with glue gel.



 I found this template on pinterest which was very clear and easy to follow 2 step card and also takes you to a lovely blog post 

Items Used:
12x12 paper pad from the works 'watercolour feeling'
Alpha dies
MFT stitched square dies
Spellbinders inverted scallop die
Studio light 'just lou' butterfly dies (STENCILJL18)
Crafters companion gold glitter card
CraftUk ltd white card

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a good week.  


Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

***












 

12 comments:

brenda said...

A really pretty card for your Mum Emma, it's got all the promise of Spring and Summer with the fresh colours and blooms, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Happy 70th to your mum what a fantastic card for her I am sure she will love it. Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Many Happy Returns to your mum Emma,I hope she has a wonderful day.A beautiful card with a gorgeous vibrant paper and embellishment in Spring/Summer colours

crafty-stamper said...

Happy birthday to your Mum Emma,beautiful card inside and out-love the fancy insert and beautiful papers
Carol x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card for your mum!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sheryl said...

Well you have certainly mastered this new fold. This card is brilliant.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A wonderful design and pretty floral papers too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
hope your Mum enjoyed her special day
Kate x

gwen70 said...

Hope your mum had a great day Emma, bet she loved the card xx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the bright floral design and fab insert too. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Mrs A. said...

This is a pretty card and I love the added butterflies inside. also liked you card New Home card above using up the flower paers on the little houses. Hugs Mrs A.

Claudia said...

That's such a wonderful Birthday card with stunning and lovely made details.

Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT bastel-traum challenge