Followers

Friday 7 April 2023

Shell Nymph

Good Morning everyone

I was honoured to be invited to be a guest designer at creative mixed media challenge

........  I got this lovely pink ink 'shell nymph' stamp for Christmas and decided to make a little wall art with her.  The idea to do an alcohol ink background onto the glass of a picture frame came to me in the middle of the night - I love the effect so think i will be trying it out again. 


Frame approx 7x5"  I first stamped and watercoloured my image with inktense pencils and cut her out and sealed with glossy modge podge.   I then took the glass out of the frame and used alcohol inks on the back of it with colours to co-ordinate with my image, adding some blues and green that you find in the sea.  I stencilled some seaweed onto the front of the glass with 'diamond' cadence dora paint which has an amazing shimmer finish when it catches the light. 

I put the decorated glass back into the frame and started building up my scene, adding shape to the nymph and attaching onto the glass with glue gel.  I then dug through my collection of beached combed items to add some shells, sea glass and small piece of driftwood, i also added a couple of stamped shells from the stamp set.

Too finish i added touches of glitter glue to her wings and tail.  I now think this will make the perfect present for my eldest niece when her birthday comes around. 

I added white paper behind the glass in the frame to really help the alcohol ink colours pop



this is the glass once decorated with the alcohol inks on the back and stencilled seaweed on the front.  This dora paint is really sparkly but hard to capture in the photos

and just showing it in the frame before decorating.  The recess of the frame is nearly 2" deep so a good platform for my little scene.

Items Used:
Pink ink stamps 'shell nymph'
Foliage stencil
Ranger alcohol inks
Cadence Dora paint 'diamond'
Derwent inktense pencils
White posca pen 
Shells, driftwood, seaglass

Please do pop over to https://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com/ to see the gorgeous design team creations and join in.

 Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend whatever you get upto.  Hugs Emmaxxx



12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful scene and picture Happy Easter Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Your creativity is amazing Emma,love your mermaid scene,the background colours and layout are stunning ,hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend

Kate Jeffery said...

a stunning picture Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT Emma.Fabulous inky background,love all the sea themed embellishments and beautiful Mermaid
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Absolutely stunning! WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the mix of colors and it's just beautiful! Congrats on the guest spot too!
Lynn

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's an honour for us to have you as Guest Designer @ Creative Artiste Emma what an amazing creative you are. Your wall art is stunning with it's vibrant inky background, your shell nymph stamp definitely deserves to be framed to show off her beauty. The addition of glitter glue to her wings really makes her shine. Such a pretty serene created scene.
Wishing you a Happy Easter and a BIG thank you again for creating this magnificent project for Creative Artiste.
Creative wishes Tracey (DT) x

Fiona said...

Gorgeous piece of wall art Emma - I have yet to be brave enough to try alcohol inks - they are still here sitting in their bottles lol! Lovely to have you as our GD at Creative Artiste this month.

gwen70 said...

Wow stunning picture, love the stamp. happy Easter Emma xx

StephW said...

Congrats on your GD spot Emma, your shell nymph creation is just awesome! Steph x

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful stunning Project. The colour scheme is perfect. Have a creative month. Hugs - Judy your teamy

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing project! Loving how it all came together and the alcohol ink background is beautiful 😊. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Creative Artiste and for the wonderful inspiration! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Kirsty said...

This is amazing Emma, absolutely love it and I'm sure your niece will love it too. Congratulations on being asked to be guest designer, well deserved. Big hugs Kirsty. x