Followers

Thursday 4 January 2024

Birthday sheep

Good Morning everyone


I made this sheep themed card for my dads birthday as he keeps a few sheep, i made a couple of similar Christmas cards too which are right at the bottom of the post.



I first stamped the fab sheep and hats from hobbyart stamps and watercoloured with distress & oxide inks and cut them out.  
I made  my double z fold card blank out of card white - i can't remember the exact size but had to use A3 to start with. I used these fab papers from the works which reminded me of a green meadow for the sheep to roam in, for the front layers i tore some of the papers to give a grass like edge for the sheep to stand on. I then added the sheep with pinflair glue gel for dimension.

Sentiment die cut using alpha block dies and a few white seagulls and rabbits which we also see in our fields.  

Showing a different angle - dad loved it so thats good! 

Items Used:
Hobbyart ltd stamps ' CS110D Baa-Humbug'
12x12 paper pad from the works 'nature'
OI Rabbit & seagull dies
alpha dies



Id love to enter this card in the following:






*****************

and while i was at it I made a Christmas version for 3 of my nieces 


This time using Christmassy papers to build up my scene and a little die cut Christmas tree which they have decorated with red glitter baubles -i used a hole punch to make my baubles - the perfect size for the tree.  I added 2 of the front sheep on wobblers which my nieces loved.  A few die cut snowflakes to finish. 


Hobbyart ltd stamps 'CS110D Baa-Humbug'
The works paper pad 'let it snow'
Memory box snowflake dies
Christmas tree die

***

I was lucky to also get these fab hedgehog stamps from hobbyart so i made a hedgehog version for my other 2 nieces.  Again papers from the works and i added red stickles glitter glue to all the baubles for some sparkle.  2 of the hedgehogs are on wobblers - these wobblers are new to me - love them, i think i might be wobbling a lot of things on my cards in 2024😁 - such great fun- I only found out they existed from a craft friend in America and a search on amazon and i found lots of them here in the UK.

Items Used :
Hobbyart ltd stamps 'CS321D Christmas Hedgehugs'
12x12 Paper pad from the works 'Traditional Christmas'
Cheerylynn christmas sentiment die
Ranger stickles 'red'
'wobbler'


 Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you've had a good start to the new year, could do with some better weather to perk us up I think!  Emmax

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Three wonderful cards a great design A gorgeous card Ginny x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards,love the fold and your fabulous sheep images and cute little hedgehogs.
Carol x

meg said...

Your sheep and hedgie cards made me smile Emma,great papers, embellishments and layout

Becca S said...

Thanks so very much for sharing your farm and forest animal cards at FarmQuest General Store!!! I'm glad you found us! The expressions on the sheep just cracks me up!!! They're not very happy to wear their party hats or Santa hats!!! :) Too fun! The birds and bunnies added to your dad's birthday card help add to that meadow/field look. Awesome! Appreciatively, Becca

creationsnz said...

Wonderful crazy sheep, sure to bring a smile! SO glad you shared them with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

Fiona said...

What great fun cards - I love the Christmas version too - thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room

Donna Scholz said...

Emma, what the perfect card for your Dad! Those sheep are just too funny with their facial expressions. How clever to use a Z-fold so all the sheep get to share their greetings with your Dad!! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room for our inaugural challenge of 2024!!! -Donna

Sue Nicholson said...

Great card and characters, happy new year cheers Sue N x

StephW said...

I make my own wobblers they are great fun to add to a card. Love all three character cards, especially the sheep and their hats! Steph x

Kirsty said...

Amazing bunch of cards Emma, bet they all loved them. Inspirational as always. Love a wobbler which I’m sure the girls did enjoy. Big hugs. Xx

Goga said...

Fantastic male card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge. Goga