Followers

Thursday 18 January 2024

Jacks birthday

Good Morning everyone

December and January are busy months for birthdays in my family.  These are the 2 cards i made for my brothers birthday this month

While wondering what to do for him, I saw these coffee themed stamps from aall&create in the countryview crafts Christmas advent sale which are perfect as he is a coffee addict for sure. 


A5 card size.  I used soft cream cardstock so its softer than white and stamped in brown ink.  I stamped the coffee cup twice,  one i die cut into the label shape, on the 2nd one I lightly watercoloured the cup with vintage photo and label with twisted citron distress inks, cut out and decoupaged onto the base image with glue gel, putting a curve in the cup. I die cut my card blank using a larger nesting shape and then found 2 pieces of paper in my stash to coordinate, die cut smaller than the base and adhered.  

I splattered some of the vintage photo ink onto the background too. The topper panel i added with foam tape for some dimension.

The stamped image had some flowery words which weren't suitable for my brother so i covered them up with a stamped birthday sentiment die cut into a fish tail banner.  I added some stamped and cut out coffee beans to finish.

Items Used:
aall&create stamps #642 'caffeinated'
stampin up sentiment stamp 'curly cute'
XL nested label die set
Distress inks - vintage photo, walnut stain, twisted citron
Patterned papers
Hammered ivory cardstock

Id love to enter this card in the following:







***


and card 2 I made while i was making my building block fold cards in November (see here), i found this fab monochrome paper in my stash which was ideal teamed up with black and white cardstock.



After making the base card from white cardstock, i matted the paper onto black card and then the base.  To add some interest i die cut barbed wire dies from silver holographic mirror cardstock and adhered to the front left edge and back right edge, sadly the photos don't pick up how it dances in the light.

Die cut birthday sentiment from white card, matted onto larger black circle and a bigger white circle and then added to the front


Showing it opened up. I die cut the alphas from white card and the silver holographic and off set them so have the mirror card drop shadow.  Not the best photos as it is much brighter in real life and especially when the light hits the silver holographic mirror card

Items Used:
Memory box alpha die set
Birthday sentiment die
Cheerylynn barbed wire die set
Patterned paper
Black & white card
Silver holographic mirri card

Thank you all for popping by once again.  

 

19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two fantastic cards
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chris said...

Your coffee themed card is fantastic! I love the design, the colours and image -I'm a coffee lover too so this definitely appeals to me! Thank you so much for sharing at Fab'n' Funky.
Chris
x

Marcia Hill said...

Two wonderful guy cards Emma and I especially like the coffee one...so many different places for the eye to go to! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Color Hues Challenge! Marcia (DT)

StephW said...

Fabulous makes for your brother especially the coffee themed one ... Steph x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine cards Emma,love the coffee oneand colour combo.Great monochrome one love the fold and your barbed wire die.
Carol x

Babs said...

Hi Emma hope all is well with you. , just popped in to say I just love your cards your coffee card is perfect for a coffee lover what a fabulous design and I bet your brother will love it.
Babs x

Karen said...

These are great masculine cards! The coffee-themed card is wonderful in Copper and Green, and I love the coffee beans spilling over the edge of the first layer. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful masculine card with its vintage feel, love the palette and the papers you used, great paperpiecing!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

brenda said...

A generic C&P comment as unable to type much (MS flare up - you understand!) to let you know I've seen your lovely entry at We Love Stamping, thank you.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a gorgeous coffee themed vintage like creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Kirsty said...

Two brilliant male cards Emma, I find them so hard to do but the coffee theme is a good idea. Big hugs. Xx

Jean S said...

So here I am trying again to say brill cards Emma as always jxx

Wendy said...

Two fabulous male cards Emma. Hope you are keeping well, I am hoping to create and blog more this year 😊Wendy x

Kampin' Karen said...

Who doesn't love coffee? and I LOVE your card. Have you tried mushroom coffee? It's by Ryze and it is wonderful. Thank you for entering your card at PIP.
Karen, DT

Mervi said...

Gorgeous coffee themed card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Kate Jeffery said...

two fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

Tone K. said...

Suuupercool card! and I love the colorcombo :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

cm said...

Fabulous duo of cards. Your coffee-themed one catches my eye, as I am, indeed, a coffee addict! Fabulous image made all the more striking with the Colour Hues combination; thank you for joining us.
~carol

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/