Followers

Saturday 18 May 2024

Old Bear

Good Morning everyone

Mid way through may we have another vintage make for we love stamping or you can go with the anything goes option

.   I wanted to go completely different to my first card and looking through my stash had this lovely old bear which reminds me of my teddy bear as a child so i went with muted colours, old script, torn paper & vellum for a vintage vibe.

7x5.5" cream card base - I went with cream as softer for a more aged feel.  I watercoloured the bear with distress inks ' dusty concord, stormy sky & forest moss' and a little 'black soot' for shadows, then cut him out. 

I found this old script paper in my stash and tore around the edges for it to fit my card and blended the same distress inks around the edges and then adhered to the card front. I then tore a piece of vellum big enough to fit the bear and added this to the card with a little scrap of the script paper.  I then gently curved the bear and added with pinflair glue gel. 

The bear saying came with the stamp so i cut it out, lightly inked, matted onto some of the cream card and added to the top left corner with a little blue button to finish.

Just a close up on Mr Bear, you can see the vellum behind him better here


Items Used:
Pink Ink designs stamp 'bear hugs'
Papermania script paper & vellum (very old!)
Distress inks - dusty concorde, stormy skies, forest moss, black soot
cream cardstock
blue  button

Thank you for popping by once again.  I hope you all have a good weekend and upcoming week. Emmax

Id love to enter the following








 

19 comments:

brenda said...

He's a gorgeous Bear Emma and I love the muted colours you have used for him, could almost dare to give him a cuddle - almost.

B x

meg said...

The colours you chose for the bear and script background are beautiful Emma,adding to the vintage feel,a fabulous card

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I love this beautiful bear he looks so cuddly great colours and background
hugs
lolo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card Emma, and the vellum works great on the script page. The muted colours has been a great choice, love how the bear looks! The bear word is lovely too and the cute button just perfect to compliment it!

Karen Petitt said...

He is wonderful Emma, I live the colour palette you have used Karen x

Linby said...

This is a fantastic take on the vintage theme, so many people seem to go for Victoriana! I love the colours you used making a vintage card contemporary too.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and Bear,love the script background and how you coloured the bear,brilliant.
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic card Emma
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

HilaryJane said...

Your bear is great. He looks huge and cuddly and I love how you have coloured him. It has a great vintage feel xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Emma, I love everything about it. The colours and backing script is awesome.
Hugs
Cathy
XXXXX

StephW said...

He's a real cuddly bear & so lovely in your colour palette x

Kate Jeffery said...

a gorgeous card Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Emma just like to thank you for your lovely comment.
Carol x

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card, hope you are well cheers Sue N x

Vicky Hayes said...

A lovely idea for the vintage theme Emma and beautifully done! Love how you've painted the bear. Vicky x

Jean S said...

Lovin this bear! Jxx

Kirsty said...

Beautiful Emma and just love your Mr Bear, bless him. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Sarah said...

That's a great big huggable bear. Thank you for bringing him along to The Cuties!! Sarah

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us @ Cutie Pies. Sue x