Followers

Monday 16 August 2021

Carpe Diem

Good Morning everyone

Today is a stamped card.  I had the leaf background left over from last year when i made my dads card and did 2 sizes of background, this was the smaller one,  so I decided to finally use it.  


7x7" white cardbase.  After doing my leaf background - full details below.  I stamped with black ink the lavinia crows, hedgehog & cat stamp and doodled in the branch and some ground & added shadow with grey pencil.  The little spider and snail are stamp by card-io.  I stamped foliage around the outside edge with distress oxides in pistachio & patina which i think you can just make out in the rubbish photo! Carpe Diem stamped to finish.  Mounted onto dark green card and then added at a angle to the base card to finish. 

Just a close up


 To do the back ground I first made a leaf mask/stencil by printing a leaf outline out from the computer and using a craft knife cut around the leaf edge.  Using repositionable glue i attached it to white card that will take water.  I then painted inside the leaf mask with water and sprinkled on brusho's & mica powders, once dry i over stamped with various foliage and oxide inks.  Once completely dry i removed my mask and cut the the panel into a square. 

Items Used:
Lavinia Stamps - mooch, crows, hedgehogs
Card-io stamps - insects
Foliage stamps - magazine freebies
Sentiment stamp - katzelkraft
Brushos
Pixie powders
Oxide inks

Thank you all for stopping by.  I had a birthday at the weekend and had a lovely time as my 5 nieces put on a picnic for me so we had lots of fun & laughter.  Thank you to those who sent me a beautiful handmade card.  I was totally spoilt.  Hugs Emmaxxx


Id love to enter the following:


 

12 comments:

meg said...

The black stamped images look sharp and crisp against the stunning colours in the leaf,a beautiful dramatic card

gwen70 said...

Fantastic card Emma, I have a lot of these stamps so will be having a play. Pleased you had a good weekend with your nieces.xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

StephW said...

Your leaf background is fabulous just on its own! Love the hedgie & the tiny snail ... Steph x

Jenny D said...

Fabulous card Emma, love the colourful leaf and stamped animal images especially the litle hedgehog. Jenny x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card love the stamps and how you made that fabulous leaf background
Carol x

Liz said...

What a beautiful scene, Emma. I love the leaf background, so pretty. xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous scene Emma and thanks for joining us at our 'just for fun' challenge at Sweet Stampin' hugs Sue x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

ALI said...

Gorgeous background and card Emma x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a wonderful design! Thanks for joining the fun with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. LOVE what you've done. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Kirsty said...

This is fabulous Emma, just love the masked leaf background, perfect for the lovely Lavinia animals and birds. Big hugs Kirsty. x